SQL SERVER DBA COURSE CONTENT
Module 0: Basics of PowerShell and Networking Concepts
This module introduces PowerShell cmdlets and Networking concepts with IPV4 and introducing IPV6.
- Why PowerShell
- PowerShell cmdlets
- Networking Concepts
- Introducing IPV6
Module 1: SQL Server Development concepts
This module will help Database Administrators to support Back-end Developers with Database Designing.
- Data Definition Language
- Data Manipulation Language
- Introduction to ERD Designing.
Module 2: Introduction to SQL Server Database Administration
This module introduces the Microsoft SQL Server platform. It describes the components, editions, and versions of SQL Server, and the tasks that a database administrator commonly performs for a SQL Server instance.
- Database Administration Overview
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- Database Management Tools and Techniques
Module 3: Installing and Configuring SQL Server
This module explains how to assess resource requirements for SQL Server and how to install it.
- Planning SQL Server Installation
- Installing SQL Server
- Post-Installation Configuration
Module 4: Working with Databases and Storage
This module describes how data is stored in databases, how to create databases, how to manage database files, and how to move them. Other tasks related to storage, include managing the tempdb database and using fast storage devices to extend the SQL Server buffer pool cache, are also discussed.
- Introduction to Data Storage with SQL Server
- Managing Storage for System Databases
- Managing Storage for User Databases
- Moving Database Files
- Configuring the Buffer Pool Extension
Module 5: Planning and Implementing a Backup Strategy
In this module, you will consider how to create a backup strategy that is aligned with organizational needs, and learn how to perform the backup operations required by that strategy.
- Understanding SQL Server Recovery Models
- Planning a Backup Strategy
- Backing up Databases and Transaction Logs
- Using Backup Options
- Ensuring Backup Reliability
Module 6: Restoring SQL Server Databases
In this module, you will see how to restore user and system databases and how to implement point-in-time recovery.
- Understanding the Restore Process
- Restoring Databases
- Advanced Restore Scenarios
- Working with Point-in-Time Recovery
Module 7: Importing and Exporting Data
In this module, you will briefly explore tools and techniques so that you can import and export data to and from SQL Server.
- Introduction to Transferring Data
- Importing and Exporting Table Data
- Copying or Moving a Database
Module 8: Monitoring SQL Server
This module explains how to use three of the most commonly used tools: Activity Monitor, dynamic management views and functions (DMVs and DMFs), and Performance Monitor.
- Introduction to Monitoring SQL Server
- Dynamic Management Views and Functions
- Performance Monitor
Module 9: Tracing SQL Server Activity
This module describes how to use SQL Server Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures to capture information about SQL Server, and how to use that information to troubleshoot and optimize SQL Server workloads.
- Tracing SQL Server Workload Activity
- Using Traces
Module 10: Managing SQL Server Security
In this module, you will be learn about the core concepts on which the SQL Server security architecture is based, and how to manage security at the server and database levels.
- Introduction to SQL Server Security
- Managing Server-Level Security
- Managing Database-Level Principals
- Managing Database Permissions
Module 11: Auditing Data Access and Encrypting Data
This module describes the available options for auditing in SQL Server, how to use and manage the SQL Server audit feature, and how to implement encryption.
- Auditing Data Access in SQL Server
- Implementing SQL Server Audit
- Implementing SQL Server Audit
Module 12: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
This module describes common database maintenance tasks that a DBA must perform, and demonstrates how to automate these tasks using maintenance plans.
- Ensuring Database Integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance
Module 13: Automating SQL Server Management
This module describes how to use SQL Server Agent to automate jobs, how to configure security contexts for jobs, and how to implement multi-server jobs.
- Automating SQL Server Management
- Implementing SQL Server Agent Jobs
- Managing SQL Server Agent Jobs
- Managing Job Step Security Contexts
- Managing Jobs on Multiple Servers
Module 14: Monitoring SQL Server by Using Alerts and Notifications
This module covers the configuration of database mail, alerts, and notifications.
- Monitoring SQL Server Errors
- Configuring Database Mail
- Configuring Operators, Alerts, and Notifications
Module 15: SQL Server with Azure Integration
- Deployments to SQL Azure
- Azure Database Integration
- SQL Azure and Cloud Access
- Administering Databases using Cloud SQL Database Access in HD Insight
- Azure Security and Backups Azure in VM – LINUX, Windows
- PowerShell Scripting with Azure
- HA-DR with Windows Azure
- DB Access in Azure Market Place
- Configuration, Deployment Options SSD and Storage Management in Cloud Real-time DBA Activities in Cloud
Module 16: Introduction to Datawahreousing
- SQL SERVER Integration Concepts – (ETL)
- SQL Server Reporting Services – (SSRS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services – (SSAS)